Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently spent several hours in my trunk. I frequently lay in there, and day dream. No, actually I was treating some serious rust problems, which stem from a leaking rear window.

The question is: There is a subframe which connects the rear window fill panel to the rear of the rear wheel opening. This subframe also acts as a tensioner for the trunk lid. How do you find replacements for this subframe? Does it come with the fill panel? Does it come with the trunk lid? Does it come with the rear quarters? Or are they something that will have to be removed from a boneyard Chevelle?

It appears that I will have to replace all of the above mentioned items within the next couple of years, due to serious rust. The car spent it's life in Hawaii. If you can imagine what a nightmare that is for metal. Hawaii doesn't have real junkyards. The cars don't last that long!

S

·
Registered
313 Posts
Sounds like you need a donor car. Describe what you want to one of the yards listed in the TC page and I'd bet they can hack up a car for you and get just what you need.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.