Team Chevelle banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi just picked up a 70 chevelle body, there is no wiring in it now, a friend is parting a 79 chevy truck is there any reason I couldn't take the harness out and use it in the chevelle? I plan on going with a late model alt. I just want to use it for the lights, turn sig, gas and gauge lights, and the wiring for the steering column. also will the guts of the truck column work in a 72 column? thanks any input is greatly appreciated. dthis is not a show car just something to have fun with. Jim

·
Registered
57 Posts
As big a pain in the butt as wiring is I don't think I'd want to try to convert the truck harness. It would probably be easier to start from scratch. What dash do you have now (sweep speedometer, SS style with lights, SS style with gauges)?

·
Registered
650 Posts
Agree with 70vert, even the 79 is a 26 year old wiring harness of unknown quality.

There are plenty of aftermarket wiring harnesses around for about $150 if you are trying to save money, but it will NOT qualify as stock in any shows. If you don't care about that, as I don't, check into an aftermarket wiring harness like EZWiring. They also include the newer GM style fuse boxes, and plenty of circuits to add accessories like power windows, power seats, etc.

Steve

1 - 3 of 3 Posts