Team Chevelle banner

161 - 180 of 223 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Awesome updates! You’re getting close!! Is the trans tunnel heat shield stick on? I was imagining it on the inside but the outer shield looks interesting.

·
Premium Member
1,156 Posts
Nice to see someone making good progress!

Reactions: senna

·
Premium Member
1,156 Posts
What brand is the peel and stick heat shield?

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #171
I finished the wing window restoration. Re cromed the the big piece that goes down the front. Recromed the wing window frames,on them drivers side I had to repair the stud. Had all the stainless polished. Then installed new levers and tinted glass.

Sent from my SM-T720 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #172
Also got the fuel tank in, finished the majority of the plumbing including the hydra boost. Brake lines are complete including the Baer master cylinder.

I almost finished with the wiring. Even started the motor again to confirm no fuel leaks and trunk mounted battery with remote solenoid all worked.

I installed a relay on the remote solenoid that will have "secret" switch that will sound the horns and prevent the starter from operating if the key is turned to start without the "secret " switch being switched on. Probably the only security I'll use, besides insurance.

·
Premium Member
1967 Chevy Chevelle
1,064 Posts
I can’t wait to see it done, some really nice work you’ve done, detailed and impressive.

·
Premium Member
1967 Chevy Chevelle
1,064 Posts
Probably just gonna blow tires off the rims with what’s going on with the business end but that’s cool. I like it. 👍

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #176
I'll be disappointed if it doesn't make the equivalent of 475hp at the crank, minimum. More power than I need but it'll be fun.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #178
How were those vent windows to get completed? I have been dreading that task.
It took me most of the day to assemble them. That included setting the glass and backing up to drill out a hole that had chrome built up In it.

Then there's all the time leading up to assembly. Getting parts chromed, repairing the one stud and dealing with the weather stripping.

Mostly it's just time and more time, kind of like everything else on these projects.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #180
I have heard the weatherstripping is a pain.

Nice job knocking out another piece of the project!
The weather stripping has these three clips along the front that are fragile and not reproduced. Half of mine were not reusable. So I used 3M weather strip adhesive. Other than that it's not bad.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

161 - 180 of 223 Posts