Team Chevelle banner

181 - 200 of 223 Posts

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #181
One more piece done. That tinted glass is going to look awesome.

Sent from my SM-T720 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1967 Chevy Chevelle
1,064 Posts
Troy, I used white lithium from a tube or can not a spray, use an acid brush to work it in the roller tracks before installing. It helps to work the lithium into the plastic rollers until they roll and rotate freely. I found it is easier to install the glass, remove the bottom track stop on the door and let the glass drop below the felt line, then install the felts. Same on the quarter glass, insert the glass then the felts then adjust, install the vertical quarter glass chrome and seal last, after the glass is installed.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #183
Thanks, I agree with most of that. The white grease has fallen out of favor by many people lately, as it seems to harden over time. I plan on using some synthetic wheel bearing grease I have.

·
Premium Member
1,156 Posts
Troy, what thickness setting tape did you use for securing the wing window into the frame? I'm close to doing that job on my 65.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #185
Troy, what thickness setting tape did you use for securing the wing window into the frame? I'm close to doing that job on my 65.
1/16". there is a video on YouTube

"How to:installing Quarter Vent Window Glass into frames"

It's an Australian company, glass 4 classics.

It really helped. I didn't have kerosene, I used Mineras spirits. My first attempt was a failure. After that, I paid more attention to having the corner cut clean and I installed both of them without issue.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
That is going to be one nice car to drive and well worth all the attention to detail you've put into it. Thanks for continuing to post the build progress.

Reactions: senna

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #188
Haven't posted any updates recently. I've been doing a lot of wiring, probably 98% done with it.

The engine compartment is 99.9% done. I've started it engaged the hydraulic clutch , put it 1st and second gear spinning the drive line. Everything appears good.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #190
This is my fuel vent vapor canister. Replacing the factory looped vent. Absolutely no fuesmell in the garage..

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #192
Made this little bracket for the Dakota Digital dash dimmer and remote trunk release button.

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
This is my fuel vent vapor canister. Replacing the factory looped vent. Absolutely no fuesmell in the garage..

That fuel vent is the definition of overkill, but super cool. Nice work. :cool:

Everything looks great. I really like the Dakota gauges. I bet you're itching to start driving it everywhere.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #194
That fuel vent is the definition of overkill, but super cool. Nice work. :cool:

Everything looks great. I really like the Dakota gauges. I bet you're itching to start driving it everywhere.
Super cool is what I was going for.

The gauges are very nice.

I should get the brakes bled this week and be able to take it around the block. No front and back glass yet, headliner is still a couple weeks away. Of all the things I bought ahead of time, I'm waiting on a headliner,.

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
Wow, it's coming out really nice. You're doing some things the same as I did, like the fuel vent. I'm running a Chris Alston serviceable cannister and it works perfect. How is the accuracy of your gauges? I have the RTX and am having a hard time getting them dialed in, kinda wish I did something else, but the look is extremely cool.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #196
The accuracy of the gauges appears good. Being as I used a GM computer for my LS I also used the Dakota Digital BIM module, so all of the gauge info is fed from the GM computer. I didn't have to install anyone the Dakota Digital sensors.

I also used the satalite Bim module, so I have outside air temp, compas, altimeter and an accelerometer that give 0 to 60, 1/8 and 1/4 mile times.

·
Premium Member
1,156 Posts
Wow, its coming along!! Going to be an amazing build when its done. Super sano engine compartment.

The area around the master cylinder looks super congested, I don't have the hydroboost on mine and its hard to work on all the items in that small area.

What brand vent canister is that? I've considered finding a small charcoal canister and running a small restricted vacuum line back up to the intake but still considering other options.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #198
Wow, its coming along!! Going to be an amazing build when its done. Super sano engine compartment.

The area around the master cylinder looks super congested, I don't have the hydroboost on mine and its hard to work on all the items in that small area.

What brand vent canister is that? I've considered finding a small charcoal canister and running a small restricted vacuum line back up to the intake but still considering other options.
Thanks, Jeff

It's unfortunate all the components are on the drivers side and nothing on the passenger side.

The vent canister is from IIMUCH.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Looks great so far. I love the cleanliness of the engine bay. Question on wheels / tires and inner fender wells. What size front tire are you running? Any chance you know the backspace and dimension of the wheels? Did you have to modify the fender wells? Thanks - Jim

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #200
Looks great so far. I love the cleanliness of the engine bay. Question on wheels / tires and inner fender wells. What size front tire are you running? Any chance you know the backspace and dimension of the wheels? Did you have to modify the fender wells? Thanks - Jim
Thanks Jim

The front wheels are 18x8 and 5.5" back spacing I believe. Tires are 245/45-18. I did have some rubbing in the wheel wells before and did just massage them with a hammer where the witness marks were. Also removed the little bumps on either side of the center bolt, and use a button head in that location.

The rubbing was only on driveway entrance an exits, so hopefully that will be gone now.

181 - 200 of 223 Posts