Chevelles.com banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hokay i finally after 5 months and lots of research i got my car wired up its a 1970 chevelle malibu converted to a ss malibu but after wiring was done i wanted to se if the started wound turn the engine with out the carb and othe stuff hocked up just motor then i th=ried my light the worked then the horn i thought i did great but the next day i went out and i remembered that their were no fuses in the fuses panel
because im think it is truely messed up should i just take it to and electrishin or can any one help on this problem?

·
Gold Founding Member
63,035 Posts
First of all, you need go to
http://www.iespell.com/ and download iespell and use it to spell check your post, then read your post back to yourself and see if it sounds right before hitting the submit button.

I'm confused as to what your question is all about.

Have you tried putting fuses in where they belong?

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Originally posted by Dean:
I'm confused as to what your question is all about.
I think he's indicating that the starter can be energized without any fuses installed. Yes, it can be because the starter doesn't use a fuse.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok yes my spelling is bad o well i work on car i dont need to spell i just need to speak english which is easy because its the only language i know.
A for the question it was because i had the lights and the horn working with out fuses and i have no clue where to start should i take it to an electrical guy or can u guys help me?

·
Gold Founding Member
63,035 Posts
OK, so the lights and the horn work without fuses
Which lights, head lights, tail lights, brake lights, turn signal lights, park lights interior lights ?
or all of the above?
Head lights do not have a fuse but I think the horn does.
We can probably help if we can communicate.

Where is Nokesville?

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Originally posted by Dean:
Head lights do not have a fuse but I think the horn does.
Horn (relay) gets power from under the hood..so no fuse is needed. You are just trying to see if I'm awake, Dean.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nokesville is near manassas va and it was the head lights and the horn its self i put a pole down the hole and made the neg touch the pos to make it go off but after every thing was in the dash light are not working but the oil light and high beam light and the one turn signal light works just not the cluster bulbs. I think my cluster harness thing that is made a plastic and copper is messed up because on spot is missing a pic of copper near the left turn signal areaand the plastic has seperated this is an ss dash that was out of a 71 and put in a 70 and yes the harness has been changed. hope that helped

ps it was that or the ground but i cleaned that before installation

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Ok, I’ll try but you are just a little hard to read.

“…it was the head lights and the horn its self i put a pole down the hole and made the neg touch the pos to make it go off”

I think you are saying you inserted something inside the hole in the actuating cam below where the steering wheel goes. Yes, shorting that area in the “hole” to ground makes the horn sound.

“but after every thing was in the dash light are not working but the oil light and high beam light and the one turn signal light works just not the cluster bulbs.”

Did you check to see if the headlight switch knob isn’t turned off? It should not be rotated all the way to the side. Have you checked for voltage on the dash lamp fuse? This is the short fuse located bottom center in the fuse panel.

“I think my cluster harness thing that is made a plastic and copper is messed up because on spot is missing a pic of copper near the left turn signal areaand the plastic has seperated this is an ss dash that was out of a 71 and put in a 70 and yes the harness has been changed.”

Sounds like you are saying that you see a break on the flexible circuit on the back of the instrument cluster. If a copper trace is broken, the flex circuit or cluster needs to be removed to fix the trace.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
wow
you got it right see with a little bit of thought it can make some form of sents :D but maybe i should stop making run on sentences but yes thats what is wrong so far i need see if i can find that flexcurcit to try and fix it but i really dont what to take my dash out again :( but it looks like i will have to o well

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Yes but if I think too much, my head starts to hurt. It would be nicer if you did add periods (.) in there. Makes it so much easier to read.

·
Registered
902 Posts
I'm pondering John wanting periods. Perhaps we should send him a box of Tampax. ;)

·
Premium Member
6,741 Posts
srubydo, here you can have these
Seriously, slow down, do the best you can with spelling, it doesn't have to be perfect. Then read it back to yourself and see if it makes sense. I couldn't understand it when I read it. You're lucky John had the patience and time to try and decipher the problem. Myself and lot's of others are willing to help too. You have to help a little though and do the best you can when typing in your problem or question.

Good luck guy!

·
Premium Member
6,741 Posts
Originally posted by John_Muha:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by MedicTed:
I'm pondering John wanting periods. Perhaps we should send him a box of Tampax. ;)
New, used, or NOS? </font>[/QUOTE]Used? :eek:

·
Registered
902 Posts
With all the help that you have provided, nothing but NOS. :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts