Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I won't even call it a Super Sport because I'm assuming it's a clone. Beautiful car, just the way I would have ordered it new. Years ago I would have scoffed at the price but these days, assuming it's a super nice restoration, it doesn't seem too horribly out there, maybe $15-20k too high (though I guess that's still pretty far away from the asking price).

Guessing this would be a $100k+ car if this one had the original color combo, engine, and docs...sweet.

1970 SS396 Convertible

·
Premium Member
3,595 Posts
Had to tell on the tach, but looks like a three rivet, also looks like a solid lifter Tach, 6500 redline. Maybe it's the photos, I don't know, I'm trying to be fair, but this car looks "dull" somehow, something is not right here. Can't put my finger on it. Dealer wording, yea, yea, it's not that, it just doesn't look right?

Reactions: Steve R

·
Premium Member
1968 Malibu sport coupe, 489 ci. 590 hp 600 tq, RV T-400 Freakshow 3200 stall, 3.73 12 bolt posi
8,733 Posts
Would an LS-5 have a 6500 redline?, I thought 5500, They say "Believed to be Authentic", to nice of a car for me I'd want be out banging gears

·
Premium Member
12,727 Posts
Well it is a nice car. How nice is hard to tell because the pictures are all taken in such poor lighting. I honestly dont understand someone that puts up a car for $70K and presents it with such poor pictures. As far as the pics if it is a clone it is overpriced. Being sold by a dealer it could be sold on consignment or the dealer acquired the car for $20k less. If a real SS I dont think it can be proven so that means all non matching. I know major restorations can cost plenty but I think the asking price is real SS numbers matching territory.

·
Premium Member
3,595 Posts
Would an LS-5 have a 6500 redline?, I thought 5500, They say "Believed to be Authentic", to nice of a car for me I'd want be out banging gears

LS5 is 5,500 redline. Hydraulic lifter motor, compared to LS6, L78 solid lifter motors @6,500rpm.

Agree with the comments regarding photos, think about it: Great photos could easily earn $10,000.00 plus in additional bid action. Geez, seems to be worth it to me. Everything this dealer says is protected language and highly suspect to me. It's a clone until proven otherwise. Good luck to the seller, be educated and beware to the buyer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts