Team Chevelle banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone, trim tag Question you have not heard. my 69 firewall tag has a small piece of wire enter woven into the rivit , im thinking how that got in there. anyone heard or seen this before . the only thing i can think of , someone pull the tag and rivited to the car, not knowing it was there, one tough little wire been there 40 years :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
I haven't seen that before.

·
Premium Member
2,181 Posts
I wonder if the rivets at the factory were linked together like roofing nails are today, thus having small wire links between them?:confused:

·
Registered
33 Posts
My Kansas Built Chevelle Ss 396 Also Has The Wire On The Left Rivet As Ypu Look At It From Outside The Car. Also Does Anyone Know What Avo 217 Mean On My Cowl Tag It Is At The Bottom On The Right Lower Part Thanks Warren

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Does the vehicle have special paint?

I have a note in my book on another 69 Chevelle from Leeds Assembly with AVO171 on the tag and the car had - - for the paint codes.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Does the vehicle have special paint?

I have a note in my book on another 69 Chevelle from Leeds Assembly with AVO171 on the tag and the car had - - for the paint codes.
yes mine also is a special paint car cool this turn out to be a very good post oh it is also on the left side from inside the car view

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
The AVO just points to some internal plant work order for the speical non-standard model year paint. Its likely more that one car was built to this (standing) AVO job number and why they put it on the tag.

AVO171 could be the work order number or it could indicate the number of cars painted this color, I don't know. I can't find where I noted what AVO stands for or if I ever knew that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts