Team Chevelle banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you fellas ever used sauna for treating aches and pains. I'm talking about joint pains - knees, hands, ankles.
I'm thinking of picking up a budget sauna device and giving it a go. But would be inetersted to hear if anyone has had any success with them.

The middle ages are a b-tch!

· Registered
4,460 Posts
Hot tub is good for me.. can't do sauna's. Its too humid; I can't get breath..
Maybe youse survivors would be able to get 27M if you was to croak.

· Premium Member
4,472 Posts
Any of you fellas ever used sauna for treating aches and pains. I'm talking about joint pains - knees, hands, ankles.
I'm thinking of picking up a budget sauna device and giving it a go. But would be inetersted to hear if anyone has had any success with them.

The middle ages are a b-tch!
The big problem with saunas is that the TV gets fogged up and the beer gets warm quickly.

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The big problem with saunas is that the TV gets fogged up and the beer gets warm quickly.
Hey 69SHEVL beer in the sauna?? That's a nice one.
I've never taken a beer to the sauna but i've taken plenty of hangovers.

Looking back I'm not sure if sauna made the hangover better or worse.
Definietly better at the time, but then worse after maybe?

· Premium Member
4,472 Posts
Hey 69SHEVL beer in the sauna?? That's a nice one.
I've never taken a beer to the sauna but i've taken plenty of hangovers.

Looking back I'm not sure if sauna made the hangover better or worse.
Definietly better at the time, but then worse after maybe?
If you drink 'em fast and watch movies that you've seen 100 times,

it's not a bad afternoon.

· Registered
346 Posts
When I used to work out at the local YMCA, I liked to go later in the evening, maybe 9pm, as it was fairly empty and all the high schoolers had left. I would do my work out, then hit the sauna for 10min or so. It was great to get relaxed and kinda wound down before I went home and got ready for bed. This was a dry sauna. When I was trying to lose weight, I'd hit the wet sauna after doing a swim workout. Was perfect to help sweat out the junk and kinda helped detox. Also, was perfect for sinus or head cold type stuff. Never noticed that it did anything for joint pain. For me, the main thing that made that pain better was doing the workouts. Moving around, getting exercise, sure made my body feel better. If you don't normally exercise, there will be a little "pain and soreness" curve that you need to get thru before you really start to feel better physically. Otherwise, If not exercise, I'd shoot for the hot tub kidna therapy....

· Registered
1968 Chevelle Malibu, upgraded to a 396/TH400 from a 327/PG
651 Posts
I used to sauna quite often when we had access to one. It was great before I’d go go golfing. I’d sauna, stretch, then go to the golf course. Don’t remember if it helped my joints.

Reactions: wheelspin

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
When I used to work out at the local YMCA, I liked to go later in the evening, maybe 9pm, as it was fairly empty and all the high schoolers had left. I would do my work out, then hit the sauna for 10min or so. It was great to get relaxed and kinda wound down before I went home and got ready for bed. This was a dry sauna. When I was trying to lose weight, I'd hit the wet sauna after doing a swim workout. Was perfect to help sweat out the junk and kinda helped detox. Also, was perfect for sinus or head cold type stuff. Never noticed that it did anything for joint pain. For me, the main thing that made that pain better was doing the workouts. Moving around, getting exercise, sure made my body feel better. If you don't normally exercise, there will be a little "pain and soreness" curve that you need to get thru before you really start to feel better physically. Otherwise, If not exercise, I'd shoot for the hot tub kidna therapy....
Hey Roisin... dry sauna is the very thing i was thinking about. I am looking at getting one for the home as all the gyms and public saunas are closed where i live. Because of covid.
There's a type of infrared sauna you can get now called a sauna blanket. Have you heard anything about them? This here is the kind of thing i'm looking at: sauna blankets Have you heard anything about these? I know they're not going to be as good as a full sauna but i just don't have the space or cash to build one at home.

These might be an easy alternative. Just looking for some advice f anyone has tried them out.

· Registered
5,900 Posts
...nothing ventured, nothing gained. I might give it a go and see if they can warm up these old joints
If you do take the plunge, please report back with your findings. Thanks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.