Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Gold Founding Member
1970 Chevelle Convertible & 1965 Chevelle SS Convertible
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Super Moderator
16,020 Posts

·
Gold Founding Member
1970 Chevelle Convertible & 1965 Chevelle SS Convertible
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thks Rich - what is strange if you look at the pic with dates it shows 1955 62 63 64 67 - I think those are dates. The other side had some patent pending numbers.

As of now I'll probably put them back on the car as the ones I have on there now are black and incorrect.

Rich

------------------
70 SS - L34
Member # 442
www.chevelles.com/showroom/richr1

http://www.my70ss.com

·
Super Moderator
16,020 Posts
Those dates are probably patent dates nothing more, that doesn't necessarily relate to the date they were made. The Trico arms I have have patent numbers and dates all over them. These dates have little bearing on the year of car they were on. Of course, you wouldn't have a patent date of 1966 on a wiper arm on a '65, but you get my point.

------------------
NCOA member #220
ACES member #1670
Team Chevelle #998
Rich's 1965 Malibu SS Restoration Project Progress Page
1:18 scale diecast car Detailing by Scooter

·
Registered
11,941 Posts
If you are looking for new wiper blades, go to NAPA and ask for their CLASSIC blades, they are pretty close to the original finish for our cars.

------------------
Leo Paugh
Maryland Chevelle Club #017
A.C.E.S.#3731
there is only one way to fail, and thats to quit.
Maryland Chevelle Club

·
Registered
4,972 Posts
Back in the day, when in HS I worked in a parts store. The dealers bought things like this in bulk from us. We had cabinets at the dealership and kept them stocked. Brand depended on price to the dealer and how much profit he could make. Nothing more, nothing less. As for what came on the car, I expect it was much the same. GM would put out a bid and low bidder was on the car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.