Chevelles.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am setting the cross member in. I currently don't have the body down so wanting to get the cross member set before I start to install the engine/trans. The instructions say to move the cross member back 3/4" - 1" rearwards from the stock location. The instructions say, I should be able to use one existing bolt hole and have to drill the second.

I have measured and it looks like the rear mounting hold lines up with the 5th hole from the rear. Requiring me to drill the front bolt hole.

Does this sound correct? Last thing I want to do is start drilling holes that aren't right.

Rich

·
Registered
8,653 Posts
I am setting the cross member in. I currently don't have the body down so wanting to get the cross member set before I start to install the engine/trans. The instructions say to move the cross member back 3/4" - 1" rearwards from the stock location. The instructions say, I should be able to use one existing bolt hole and have to drill the second.

I have measured and it looks like the rear mounting hold lines up with the 5th hole from the rear. Requiring me to drill the front bolt hole.

Does this sound correct? Last thing I want to do is start drilling holes that aren't right.

Rich
on my tremec install it was the same.
had to drill a new front hole just in front of the 3rd-hole from the front. :D

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Did your new hole overlap that 3rd hole from the front? I am looking at it now and it definitely looks like it is going to overlap..not a lot but definitely touch.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts