Chevelles.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didn't find any infor in search forum and may be "off the wall" but can anyone give me a rough idea of cost to transport a car from California to South Dakota? I plan to call a couple of companies but don't want to be blown out of my chair. Thanks

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Dont know how many miles that is, but a friend of mine just had one shipprd from Floida to Minnasota bout 1700 miles 800 bucks open hauler, hope this helps, L89SEDAN

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
I think that the going rates are about $.50 per mile for open carriers and $1.00 per mile for closed trailers. I had my car shipped from LA to Illinois in a closed trailer for $1200. First class operation, they had to unload a Carrera to get mine out. Also, this was door to door service.

------------------
GARY
71 SS
ACES #2412

[This message has been edited by Gary (edited 05-10-99).]

·
Registered
777 Posts
Looked into transporting a '69 SS396 from Salt Lake City, Utah to Atlanic City, NJ (a little less than 2300 miles) via an enclosed fully insured transporter. Door to door service for $1400. If you look in Old Car Trader you will see some advertisements, or keep looking into this thread for hopefully some positive feedback from members on companies they have used.
Good Luck!

------------------
Madness takes it's toll, please have exact change.

Fred
'70 Chevelle

[This message has been edited by Riffers70 (edited 05-10-99).]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.