Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to change my 66 Chevelle over to an automatic. Could someone please tell me exactly what I would need beside the obvious? {tranny, shifter, linkage, console?

Such as brackets speedo cable etc...

Also, I just ordered a cast triple crank for my 66 Chevelle(LS7) and I was wondering if a 66 Chevelle remote big block PS setup would fit on without any problems or modifications?

thanks for everything.

Dan

·
Registered
42 Posts
SPEEDO CABLE AND GEAR STAY THE SAME. IF YOURE GOING FROM A MUNCIE M-21 TO A TH350 ITS ALMOST AN EVEN SWAP. IF YOU PUT IN A TH400 YOULL NEED TO SHORTEN YOUR DRIVE SHAFT AND CHANGE YOUR FRONT YOKE. UPGRADE TO A BIGGER RADIATOR IF YOU DON'T HAVE A 4 ROW. YOU WILL ALSO NEED A KICKDOWN CABLE FOR THE CARB (TH350), OR A SWITCH ON EITHER YOUR CARB OR GAS PEDAL (TH400). YOU MIGHT ALSO NEED A DIFFERENT TRANY MOUNT. YEAR ONE SELLS THE CORRECT BRAKE PEDAL AND YOU CAN REMOVE THE OLD CLUTCH PEDAL TO MAKE IT LOOK RIGHT. I'D LOOK INTO A IGNITION LOCKOUT FOR YOUR SHIFTER. IF YOUVE EVER STARTED A CAR IN "D" YOU'LL KNOW WHAT I MEAN.
THERE'S PROBABLY ANOTHER HUNDRED SMALL THINGS, BUT THIS'LL BE ENOUGH TO GET IT GOING DOWN THE ROAD!
GOOD LUCK!

T

·
0 Posts
Dan,
Maybe we can do each other some good here.
I am in need of everything clutch related in order to convert my 67 Malibu from a powerglide over to a M-20 Muncie. Seems to me that everything should be interchangable from 66 to 67. If this sounds good to you,give me an e-mail reply to [email protected] Posting @ 11:20p.m. 1-10-99

·
Registered
12,948 Posts
Dan, don't do this thing! Just give me the car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.