Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 70 Chevelle Malibu 350 2bbl with a Power Glide Tranny. I am wondering if this tranny needs the filter changed when serviced or just fluid draining and refilling? Also, is there a gasket for the pan if I have to remove it. Any other tune-up suggestions for this tranny would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
133 Posts
When in doubt, change it out. Yes, your local parts store should have a gasket for it.

[This message has been edited by Aug98 (edited 06-11-99).]

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So the powerglide does have a filter?

Thanks....

·
Registered
421 Posts
Yup... a little mesh job about 1.5"x3" sit's right in the middle. I recomend the Fram kit because it comes with the gasket, filter and instructions, not to shaby for a first time kinda thing. When you drop the pan loosen the bolts evenly as you go and try to drop it at an angle if you don't have a drain plug as hot tranny fluid hurts. After you drain and swap be sure to clean the pan with some denatured alcohol. A lot of metal and grit and sludge likes to stick to it, sorta bound up in the old varnished fluid. And remember: no amout of changing of fluid will make the hum go away

------------------
Francis Taracido
[email protected]
Proud Patron of Quadzilla

[This message has been edited by Quadzilla (edited 06-11-99).]

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the reply!! Do I need gasket sealer, permatex, or would just the gasket do fine? Thanks again...

·
Registered
10 Posts
I wouldent use any sealer just make sure when you tighten the bolts dont over tighten them and push the gasket out because then it will leak.
Goodluck

Way2fast1

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.