Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 70 Chevelle 350 2bbl auto. I am trying to figure out if I have a THM350 or THM400. The engine code section of this site does not list an engine code of "CNN". I have located this at another site but they are saying a CNN comes with a THM350. My build sheet has a "M40" on it, which indicates a THM 400. Can anyone help me figure this out? I heard that only THM400 were used on big blocks. Any hints? Thanks in advance!! (Right now, I am going with my build sheet, THM400)

·
Registered
421 Posts
What does the pan look like. The TH350 & Powerglide have rather square normal looking pans, the TH400 has a HUGE pan with some interesting angles to it. Also if you can climb under and get it's serial number and post that...

And, yes unless you have a monster small block you don't need a TH400, as they tend to take more input power to run and don't really give their all wiht out a big block.

------------------
Francis Taracido
[email protected]
Proud Patron of Quadzilla

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info Quadzilla. I will check the pan size/shape. I was told when I bought the car the it was COMPLETELY ORIGINAL. That is why I was wondering IF the 350 2bbl came with the THM400. I will find out this evening. You cant argue with ID #'s and the build sheet. Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
To expand on what Quad said: (all the autos even though the PG is not a contender here)
PotatoGlide: Square Pan
TH-350: Square with a corner cut
TH-400: Kinda looks like texas if you stare at it long enough!
(you'll get what I mean when you see a 400 pan)

------------------
Steve
64SS-327-4spd-sold to Original owner!
In process of finding a 65
Team Chevelle Member #71

[This message has been edited by Steve D 64 SS (edited 06-18-99).]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.