Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to make sure my transmission lines are connected correctly to my 4 core. Does the output side of the trans connect to the upper or lower fitting on the radiator?

Once I verify this, I'm going to install a inline trans cooler with fan in series on the input side to the radiator. I assume I'll need a 3/8 flaring tool to custom make my new lines.

·
Premium Member
4,136 Posts
Not sure about your car since you didn't say what it is but a quick bump of the starter with the coil wire off will tell you which cooling line is the outlet if you disconnect them both. Fluid will come out the outlet quickly. Have something to catch it in.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Output of trans to lowest fitting on rad. That way, the cooler fills from the bottom, forcing all the air out. Connected the other way does not insure all air is purged...

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks.....Now going to decide where to mount this thing. I'm leaning toward the wheel well (engine side) with spacers and a fan so it blows off the heat before getting to my radiator.

·
Registered
59 Posts
jwd71_454 not to criticize you or anything but is this your opinion or a fact? I've worked on several different Gm cars and the factory runs the trans output cooler line to the top of the radiator and the return on the bottom.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.