Team Chevelle banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone replaced aTH350 for a late model overdrive unit. If so what unit was closest to a swap without a lot of cutting and bending. Also will they work without the computer control. I am running a 300hp 350.
thanks

------------------
topless70

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
he he he this is mine..... try the 2004r tranny no cutting the driveshaft, just relocate the crossmember back a few inches, bend the lines to bolt up and you are good to go. oh make sure to get a "universal" bolt patern 200 not a BOP only. dropped my 70mph rpm's from 3000 to 2000 you can also make and ez lock-up switch that is switch controlled on or off and if it's on you can make it vac. accuated w/a late model vac switch (mine is from an 82 chev pu. so i turn it on on the highway and it locks in 4th but unlocks when the vaccuum gets low (up hill etc.) via the vac switch and just unlock it around town or all the time (mine is unlocked all the time) email w/ q's if you have any

------------------
members.aol.com/jnkb2cool/chevelle9.jpg members.aol.com/jnkb2cool/350.jpg
John Krenn
1970 malibu SS look-a-like well kinda
307/200-4r (soon to be 355)

Ft.Worth, Tx

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This resource is incredible, Thnks to the two responses inluding the one that inbcluded a great photo from Jack Gunsett. I wish I could figure out how to transfer the photo image from E-Mail. Anybody who is considering a tranny swap needs to see this clean install photo!!! Jack try it again.

Thanks to all and Merry X-Mas

------------------
topless70

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.