Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I use the same bolts that bolts my flex plate to crank for my Pwrglide to bolt my flywheel to the crank? Converting to Muncie, just wondering if I have to buy more bolts or not. Thanks in Advance!

------------------
Thanks In Advance!
John Corbin Member #313
67' Chevelle Malibu Sleeper(Someday):)
San Antonio, Texas

·
Administrator
16,197 Posts
You will need different bolts. The flexplate bolts are to short. Any parts house should have them or can order them for you.

------------------
Philip Valentine
Gold Member #42
"Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after another."
[email protected]

·
Registered
13,019 Posts
That's right, manual and auto flywheels have different length bolts. You can also get the bolts from Chev parts or aftermarket sources.
While we are on the subject, you CAN use manual flywheel bolts on an auto flywheel. They will stick out the back a little.

------------------
Tom Parsons

·
Registered
659 Posts
DZ, I dont mean to argue since you are a very wise man! But... About 6 years ago I put a 350 Chevy in a 77 Cutlass. I went to the local NAPA and told them I needed some flywheel bolts and that is exactly what they gave me! (By the way, it had a th350) When I first tried to crank the engine over, the starter would only grind on the flywheel. Figuring it was a starter alignment problem, I played with starter shims for about two days and no luck. I finally looked between the flexplate and engine, and the FLYWHEEL bolts were to long and bottomed out on the block, not letting the crank turn. The bolts were by MR. Gasket, is it possible that their variety of bolts are longer than stock?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.