Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm running a th400
Is it safe to run rubber hoses from the tranny to the radiator? I was thinking of using rubber fuel line hose.How much psi does the tranny make on those lines? BTW these lines are only temporary till I get the loot for the steel braided/AN fitted hoses and I am anxious to drive the car.(TIA)

------------------

–Joe–
"67 Malibu"

·
Gold Founding Member
63,687 Posts
Sure it is, as long as you use hose suitable for tranmission fluid and watch where you run it so that it dosen't get worn through by rubbing on something.
I have used hose many times with no problems.
good luck

------------------
Dean Call
Overland Park KS
Gold member #3
A.C.E.S. # 00235
N.C.O.A. # 4350

macc.chevelles.net

·
Registered
22 Posts
Why not just pickup up the no-kink metal hose you can buy in any Aids auto or similar auto shop and bend them accordingly. I've made tranny lines from them for permanent use just as good as the ones that are sold without braids.

Paul

·
Registered
151 Posts
NO, NO, NO, NO, don't even take a chance, Those metal covered hoses will still melt, and can dump ATF on a hot exhaust system. It's just to dam easy to bend steel lines to take the chance of smoking your car!!!!!

------------------
ACES #2637
TEAM CHEVELLE #69

·
Registered
341 Posts
I agree with Patrick, no rubber lines! You can buy pre-bent steel lines for $50.00 that fit like a glove, or bend your own for a lot less. IF that rubber line fails for ANY reason, you will trash your car for the sake of a few measly dollars, isn't your car worth more than that? Never run more than 6" of rubber hose unless for emergency only.The steel braided stuff is okay to use, wait till you have the money and do it right!

------------------
Team Chevelle Gold #33
ACES Member #02913
Chevelle Club of Michigan

·
Registered
19 Posts
They make rubber hoses for transmission lines that are more reinforced than fuel lines, I have had some on my trans oil cooler for years without any trouble.

Charlie

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.