1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
121 Posts
Yes traction bars and ladder bars are very different. Your 73 has coil springs in the rear and traction bars are for leaf springs ( although they do make some for coil springs ). Ladder bars will require welding brackets ect..
If your having wheel hop problems your springs, shocks and control arm bushings may be shot.
I used Impala HD springs, boxed upper and lower control arms, poly bushings all around and hop stop bars ( they go between the upper control arms and the housing changing the geometry ) in my 70 with a healthy big block and have no wheel hop problems. They should work on your 73 as well.

MrBreez

·
Registered
121 Posts
I'm not 100 % sure but the no-hop bars for a earlier year (70-72) would fit in your 73. I think as far as the upper control arms go they would be in the same position, again I can't be 100 % sure. I have a 76 Laguna that I can check and compare to the one in my 70 if that would help you. It could be the rear springs worn out also ( I didn't notice where you replaced them so if you have please ignor that part)
If none of that will work for you I would try going to 73-77chevelles.com there are a bunch of G3 owners there and several that race they should be able to help you out.

MrBreez

·
Registered
121 Posts
the 64-72 no hop bars won't fit 73-77
Would you happen to know why they won't fit? I wouldn't think there was that much difference in the rear end housing and the upper control arms--Just wondering.

MrBreez

·
Registered
121 Posts
the angle of the upper arm mounts is different and the webbing of the diff. is different
Thanks Jeff74, sorry 73'Laguna I couldn't be of more help and I hope you get your problem solved.

MrBreez

·
Registered
13,319 Posts
I thought Southside Machine made bars for the 73-77 A-bodies?
Anyone check them?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts