Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys -

I was talking to the owner of a car at a show about a year ago, and I wrote down the guy's plate # and his first name. I know what town he lives in, but that's about it. Any suggestions on finding out his name and address? He and I are both in Washington. Thanks!

------------------
Rainer Seitz
Vancouver, WA
Team Chevelle Gold #50

'68 SS396 (soon to be for sale!)
'70 LS3 400 Malibu
'70 Malibu convertible 350/300hp
[email protected]

·
Premium Member
3,400 Posts
The only thing that comes to mind is if you have a friend in law enforcement, you could have them run the plate and see who it is registered to. It's unlikely that you, as a private citizen, could get that info through your DMV or whoever handles vehicle registrations in your state. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Hmmm, why do you want to track him down? Might wanna think about his reaction if you did. I mean some people get a little over protective of thier cars, and someone tracking them down just with the plate number outside of the legal reasons is a little scary.

------------------
DG
Springfield, Ohio
70 Chevelle Malibu

www.wright.edu/~adams.6/chevy.htm
Genx member (Founder 4 Ohio)
TEAM Chevelle Member #0086

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DG -

A friend of mine is interested in the guy's car, so I thought I'd try to contact him. I'll just tell the guy I chatted with him at the show, and looked up his # in the book. For all he knows I had his first and last name when I left the show. By the way, it was a 65 Impala SS, 396/425hp 4-speed, black on black, with 29k original miles!

------------------
Rainer Seitz
Vancouver, WA
Team Chevelle Gold #50

'68 SS396 (soon to be for sale!)
'70 LS3 400 Malibu
'70 Malibu convertible 350/300hp
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
you may check to see if it is public info. Here in Texas there is a web site that you can get ANY info on a person (convicitions) plate#, address, drivers license # etc. called. "Publicdata.com" check it out they may have an idea for your state. jk

------------------
members.aol.com/jnkb2cool/chevelle5.jpg John Krenn
1970 malibu SS look-a-like well kinda
307/200-4r

Ft.Worth, Tx

·
Registered
283 Posts
Chev-Hell, THANK YOU!THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!!!
I knew that was public information in this state but try to ask government employee and they look at you like you where Sadam the mad bomber or something. I know of so many collectable cars setting but no way to get in touch with the owner. I may start another business with the info from that site.
If I ever get to Fort Worth I want to buy you dinner or something, You are truly a gentleman and a scolar.

------------------
Harley
69 461 El Camino Nitrous Model
69 Chevelle coupe
71 SS Camaro
75 L-82 Corvette
71 Gremlin X
Kerrville,Tx.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.