Team Chevelle banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
18,906 Posts
if zip ties are good enough for Lexus- with their relentless pursuit of perfection- then they are good enough for my junk.

·
Registered
6,229 Posts
I hope you found that on thereifixedit.com or something and it didn't come out of a dealership.

I thought only Ford "fixed" them by doing dumb *. I had my truck recalled for a risk of fire due to the cruise control switch. The "fix" was to unplug my cruise. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
296 Posts
I hope you found that on thereifixedit.com or something and it didn't come out of a dealership.

I thought only Ford "fixed" them by doing dumb *. I had my truck recalled for a risk of fire due to the cruise control switch. The "fix" was to unplug my cruise. :rolleyes:
Nope its the "Toyota" fix. I dont like Toyota but was still surprised by this.

·
Registered
6,229 Posts
I stand corrected. Even Toyota does dumb sh.....

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
About time Toyota was knocked off their high horse,they don't have quality anymore and they can't walk on water.

Ford & even GM have surpassed their quality numbers years ago..:yes:

·
Registered
9,271 Posts
I can not believe thay call that a fix, What if the wiper quit? Give the owner a rag and instruct them to have the window down and wipe the windshield with their left arm. :D

What a joke.

LK

·
Premium Member
5,687 Posts
The best part is there will be a special tool created by Kent-Moore/SPX for the punch and it will cost $42. The zip ties will be Toyota brand/spec and will be priced at $.83ea.

(numbers are guesses)

·
Premium Member
5,044 Posts
Kind of a waste since the problem in California was caused by a thick ill fitting rubber mat that the dealership installed on top of the carpeted mat. The directions on the rubber mats state that the carpeted mat is to be removed and the rubber one installed directly on the floor using the factory retaining hooks. I've worked at a Lexus dealership for five years, servicing an average of 160 cars a day and have never seen this problem. How do you redesign a floormat anyway?

·
Premium Member
5,044 Posts
The carpeted ones that come with the cars are already notched and have a hook and eye fastener thats a bitch to remove. What comedian said that you can't fix stupid? Not you, Derek :) These are the same people that back loaners into a pole and blame us because the loaner has no backup camera, but their car does. If you can't use a mirror or look over your shoulder, well, f&%k you and the horse you rode in on.

·
Registered
6,229 Posts
No horse would be dumb enough to back into a post. ;)

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
No horse would be dumb enough to back into a post. ;)
l:)

Those zip ties have got to be the laziest solution to a problem I've ever seen, and even worse that its from a dealership:eek:

Why not just run a couple drywall screws through the mat in a couple places?, would hold it down better;)

1 - 20 of 71 Posts