Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1970 Formal Chevelle, 350/300 horse, 700R4 trans, 3.73 12 bolt axle, 235x70x15 tires. Can't decide between B&M or TCI. What's the word on the street? Car will be used primarily for cruising along with an occasional super smoking burn out!

·
Registered
38 Posts
IMHO you will be much happier w/ a TCI converter. I have had both good and bad experiences w/ B&M converters, but I've had nothing but great results w/ TCI converters. If you still utilize your lock-up, I would recommend the TCI Street Fighter 12" part # 890-242800 (if its a 30 spline which I hope it is). A bit pricey at $400 but worth the money.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I too have heard that TCI is a better choice. As for stall speeds, If I keep my small block (which I haven't decided yet) I'm going to a 2200RPM unit in a SB350-275HP/TH350/3.55-8.2" 10 bolt setup. Whould be very drivable and easy to deal with - if not the fasted thing in the world. I'm conservative in this respect since my wife will drive the car on occasion.

·
Registered
738 Posts
TCI units are strong. Be sure and upgrade to an 'anti-ballooning plate' within the converter IF you ever plan to use or are currently using nitrous. Have fun!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.