Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This isn't pertaining to a Chevelle (we all know they will do way better than 65!!), but it is a chevy. I have a friend with a 79 blazer that will not go faster than 65. We have changed the filters and carburator. It runs great in stop and go traffic, no backfiring or anything. As soon as you try to take it up to highway speeds, it cuts out at around 65. If you continue to give it more gas, the engine starts dieing. I doesnt ever backfire or anything, just losses power. If you stay in the throttle trying to force it faster, the engine starts pinging. Any ideas out there. It has a 350 with a rochester on it and its an auto. My idea is a vacuum leak some place. Any other ideas are welcomed! Thanks in advance!

--Jerry--

·
Registered
11,941 Posts
Our shop truck here at work was doing the same thing and I replaced the coil and that took care of it.

------------------
Leo Paugh
Maryland Chevelle Club #017
The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of the low price is forgotten.

·
Registered
46 Posts
does it still have the old pellet style cat on it ? if it still does it's probably plugged up .

------------------

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.