Team Chevelle banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,229 Posts
That's hilarious!

I think they just found out a truth in America! We ran the English off once, seems like we're doing it again! :D :D ROFL!!!

Top Gear is a great show. There's no way the Americanized version will ever be as good.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
If you can get a hold of the full episode (I have it but its too large to send to anyone via e-mail) watch it!

Fat Stig! I was cracking up at that one :D

At least Jeremy Clarkson was smart in getting a third gen. F-body to do the "challenges" with.

And the cow that he showed up with on the top of his roof is in the top ten Top Gear moments.

Joe

·
Registered
159 Posts
I wonder what would happen to an American (from the north or south) that would drive across England with their car plastered with comments defaming the queen and royal family. I could be wrong, but I bet they wouldn't make it very far.
People are the same wherever you go. You push the right buttons and you will be in for trouble.

·
Premium Member
7,278 Posts
If they were REALLY brave, they would have said something nasty about Bear Bryant.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
that goes along with the idiot that stands in a pool of sharks, then makes a 2
hour documentary on why he got bit. and i agree, if you push the right buttons, you can get anybody to flip.

i've been known to toss a frozen can of coke or two at kkk, and it would have been more than frozen coke, if i could have got past the police horses...

what these guys did, was pretty foolish. personally i wouldn't have given those cars a second look. but thier point was to get somebody killed, and they probably came closer, than they anticipated. and yeah, walk into a british bar and yell "manchester sucks!" and see if you get out alive....

·
Registered
51 Posts
and yeah, walk into a british bar and yell "manchester sucks!" and see if you get out alive....
I'd be surpirised if anyone gave it a second thought, Aside from what a Tit.
It looked to me like the Top gear guys possibly underestimated the reaction they would get. Which was complete sense of humour failure. Then again it's TV and probably cleverly staged and editted to look alot more dramatic than it was

Incidently, i bought my Chevelle from a guy in Manchester, Not my favourite UK city either.:disco:

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
I'd be surpirised if anyone gave it a second thought, Aside from what a Tit.
It looked to me like the Top gear guys possibly underestimated the reaction they would get. Which was complete sense of humour failure. Then again it's TV and probably cleverly staged and editted to look alot more dramatic than it was

Incidently, i bought my Chevelle from a guy in Manchester, Not my favourite UK city either.:disco:
i guess i misspoke. it has been a running joke in american movies, that a tourist walks into a british bar, and by mistake says something derogotory about the local soccer team, and barely escapes with thier lives....

·
Registered
7,092 Posts
Look at all the riots that happen in soccer games because the other fans were cheering for the other team? Rediculious overreacting over stupid reasons happens everywhere, which doesnt make it any more right or acceptable, it just means its not only in America.

·
Premium Member
7,945 Posts
If they were really brave, they'd hang out in a ghetto wearing white hoods.
Isnt that the truth... White sheets pretending they were ghosts. Im surprised they werent smarter than this, why would they be so dumb? :noway:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts