Team Chevelle banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 1969 Convertible is supposed to be cortez/parchment with a black top. What color should the top boot be, parchment or black?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not sure how good a white boot would look on a silver car. I can't find pictures of any cars with this color combo.

·
Premium Member
3,399 Posts
I'm not sure how good a white boot would look on a silver car.
Can't answer that for you, but I definitely CAN tell you that, to those in the know, a car with a boot that doesn't match the interior sticks out like a sore thumb :yes:

·
Registered
8,091 Posts
A sewn in plastic strip tucks between the pinchweld stainless and the body and then a few snaps on each rear armrest base.

Jerry

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
PLEASE do me a favor and post pics if you go with (parchment)... I have been thinking of changing my interior from black to parchment and my 69 is also silver. I was also thinking of putting the white SS side stripe down the side to match the interior color "IF" I did that. White looks really good with the silver... I've seen a few Camaros like that and loved the combo. Right now - I have my interior done in a two tone... black vinyl all around... red carpet... and the thin chrome strips that are on the door panels - well those were falling off or even missing on one of the panels, so I used a red pinstripe kit that is the same width as the strips in place of those strips... looks really sharp, and thinking of using the red SS side stripe... but again, though, I'm thinking of just changing the whole thing to parchment... SO - before I lay a red stripe down the sides to match the theme I'm going with - I want to be sure between keeping the black/red combo or change to parchment.

As for the boot, I bought mine from I believe Ground up... but most of the aftermarket venders use the same companies for the most part for stuff like that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts