Team Chevelle banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Tools? Edit: PICS

Someone posted this ad at work:

I have three toolboxes for sale: A multi-drawer box on wheels, with a second (chest) toolbox that sits on top. There is also a separate cabinet with shelves and two drawers. All three are lockable, and all three contain tools of various types, including (but most certainly not limited to):

Complete Craftsman and Mac wrench sets
Socket sets, including deep-well sockets.
Multiple types of screwdrivers
Multiple pliers and clamps
Drill bits of all shapes and sizes
Some corded drills (two, I think)
Flood lamp
Et al.

There are also specialty tools, such as a 20-lb. adjustable wrench. For all three boxes, and all the tools inside, I am asking $500

Is it worth checking in to?

·
Premium Member
4,988 Posts
There is vast amount of differentiation on tool box quality/price. Brands is a good indication. You may wish to inquire further about the brand of the used tool boxes.

I would consider the Storehouse brand to be a non-mechanic home owner grade (i.e. for the infrequent tool user).

·
Premium Member
17,924 Posts
Cant hurt to at least check it out and see whats all for sale. Then go and research the stuff to see what the typical going price is for it on places like ebay and craigslist.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the guy has tools and boxes for sale but doesn't know what's inside? sounds like the cops need to be involved.
Yeah, I was thinking the same. Unless he comes up with a good explaination, I'd just as soon avoid that situation. I couldn't buy them in good conscience. (Not to mention "receiving stolen goods" is illegal...)

He says they're at "a friends" garage, and he has to coordinate with him to get me a time to see them. It's getting fishier.

I guess I'm just looking for a decent box that will organize and hold my meager but expanding tool supply. Doesn't necessarily have to be "professional grade", but I don't want the drawers coming off track in a week, either.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Tools? PICS

Well, I found out that the tools are his dad's, and he's just getting rid of them... so it's on the up and up. These look pretty beat, though. What do you think?

·
Premium Member
17,924 Posts
I dont know about 500 bucks but it looks like a good tool box for a home garage. Those side cabnets are quite handy actually.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.