Team Chevelle banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have just put my 350 together and tried to turn it over with the plugs in and it was tough to turn.it even bounce back on me on i think was a compression stoke.i take the plugs out and it turns over just fine whats up with that ****?

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Exactly what Doug said. With the plugs in, there is no where for the air to escape the cylinders. Therfore, it must be compressed. No plugs allow the air to escape, and you to be able to turn the motor over by hand.

Chris

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
i have just put my 350 together and tried to turn it over with the plugs in and it was tough to turn.it even bounce back on me on i think was a compression stoke.i take the plugs out and it turns over just fine whats up with that ****?
Congrats..you have cylinder pressure.This is a good thing.Fire the sucker up and after break in...measure the pressure with a gage for future referance.An across the board cyl pressure test is a valuable diagnostic stat if you experiance a weak cyl down the road.:hurray:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.