Team Chevelle banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1971 Chevelle that I rebuilt the suspension to stock. I assume the A-arms are original. I got the car aligned yesterday I asked for -.75 camber 1/8" toe in and as much positive caster as he could dial in. I got 14.5(left) and 15(right) Degrees! Car tracks great but is this way to much caster. I didn't know that much caster was possible on one of these cars. None of the adjustments are maxed out either...Thoughts?

· Registered
15,116 Posts
Whoa! That's way more than I've ever heard of with stock parts.

I suspect your A-arms are installed on the wrong sides (L on R and R on L)... that's the only possible way to get that much caster with stock A-arms. Typically you'll max out at around 2 to 3 degrees with stock A-arms.

· Premium Member
22,931 Posts
I agree!!
Thats more caster than I've ever seen with ANY control arms...stock or aftermarket...over twice as much!!
Something wrong here...

· Gold Founding Member
8,670 Posts
I can see it now:

eBay special--Caster Plus control arms for GM A body. Freshly painted, and stamped R and L for proper assembly!

These rebuilt control arms are specially processed by our professionals to provide over ten degrees of positive caster, perfect for drifting and scoping out hot chicks.

BUY IT NOW, only $500!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.