Team Chevelle banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought these BBC chrome valve covers for 100.00 They seem too good to be true. I wonder if they are re-chrome or worse re-pop?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep they are fakes. The welds are spaced different. The plug wire towers are longer. And the brackets for the wiring harness is awol.

·
Registered
8,210 Posts
There was over 100 different valve covers the repro units are a one size fits most The only manufacture who makes them right is Crane Corvette and it’s priced to show.

Reactions: oldguy67

·
Premium Member
9,090 Posts
Well they may be repro but they look like a much better version of a reproduction part.All the cheaper versions of repro VC's don't have the valve drippers like those have and those drippers work wonders for valve spring cooling plus the chrome looks great in the internet pictures.
(Also I have no idea how they ever came to be known as REPO VC's as that would be short for Repossession which would be wrong.The worst part is once a misnamed part gets rolling along, trying to stop it is like trying to stop a freight train by standing in front of it,Lookout )

·
Registered
8,210 Posts
the only flaw with them is for the oil cap when installed the cap is clocked wrong

·
Premium Member
2,529 Posts
the only flaw with them is for the oil cap when installed the cap is clocked wrong
There are a few differences in addition to the clocking of the oil cap. Obvious, when you know what to look for.

·
Registered
8,210 Posts
There are a few differences in addition to the clocking of the oil cap. Obvious, when you know what to look for.
That’s why I stated there was over 100 different versions of BB valve covers. We need to focus on a year and engine RPO to narrow down. If your looking from a fair you can’t really tell. But the clocking of the oil cap is a dead giveaway

·
Premium Member
Bill
1,577 Posts
School me. How should it be clocked?

·
Registered
8,210 Posts
Reactions: 69SS454

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I did notice the oil fill cap hole is clocked wrong. Otherwise they look great . I really dont need them my car came with
Hood Motor vehicle Car Automotive tire Automotive fuel system
originals and a spare set in the trunk.

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That is the upper hose Ground up sent me. They say it the right one. I know its wrong and showed them the original factory hose that came with the car. They still claim its right because there vendor told them so. But Ground up refused to tell me who that vendor was.
Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Automotive tire Tread
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Light Synthetic rubber
Automotive tire Drinkware Cylinder Tints and shades Tableware

1 - 16 of 16 Posts