Team Chevelle banner
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just learned that TC member and Moderator Tom Mobley passed yesterday. No information yet on the circumstances but I'm at a loss for words. Tom has been a friend for decades, met him through this site and he helped me immensely on my Q-Jet on the truck (after I'd tried everything I knew I had him rebuild/modify it) and wouldn't take a dime for his time, effort and knowledge. Tom was like that, always ready to help someone else out at the drop of the hat.

Condolences to his wife Diane and son Daniel.

Tom will be greatly missed personally and is a loss to Team Chevelle.

·
Premium Member
1966 Chevelle SS396
555 Posts
Oh my gosh. Didn't he just post yesterday? A sad day indeed.... RIP Tom Mobley🙏

·
Administrator
3,355 Posts
Tom has been on this site since before it was called Team Chevelle, so about 25 years. He always stepped in to help with Tech Questions and when moderator Skip Cain passed away in 2000 Tom offered to help and I gladly accepted.

He has guided this forum since and worked to keep it a friendly home for all of us to enjoy. I particularly liked his ability to hold the new site owners to task when changes were being made that were not what was envisioned.
Tom created the first TC T-shirts ( I still have mine) and shipped them from his home to our early members.
He also helped with his hands as well as his words by offering his expertise to those who needed extra help by physically rebuilding parts.

This online world has us spread all over and while we never met in person through all these years we did have a number of personal phone calls and many discussions behind the scenes by email. His passing touches me deeply and will leave TC with a void which can never be filled.
Thanks Tom, and thanks to your wife and son for sharing him with all of us.

Al & Dot

·
Registered
28 Posts
RIP Tom

Reactions: Leadhead

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Wow... He was a pillar of this community since I joined. Very sad to hear this.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
What a loss to all of us. Condolences to his family.

Rick

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,484 Posts
RIP Tom

·
Registered
576 Posts
I never met or spoke to Tom but it feels like I lost a friend. Prayers for his family.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts