Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in other views on this matter. The subject is a 68 chevelle with original paint in very good condition with only a few small flaws, a chip & dent here and their and some very small spots of surface rust around a rear wheel down low in the black stripe. does one get these fixed or would doing this in some way affect the originality of the car which is a 1 owner ss with all documentation, with cars like this what are the restoration do's and dont's. thanks

·
Registered
446 Posts
Hey Cortez- first off, it's your car- do what you want to with it.
But remember, it is only origional once. Do you show this car? Do you drive this car? Are you going to do a major restoration on it? How long have you had it? Are you going to keep it?
I have a very origional 69 that I am going to leave alone and drive. I enjoy showing it, but there aren't alot of shows for a car like yours or mine, everyone wants to see the shiny new paint and chrome. But if someone wants to see how they came from the factory, you can bet they will be very interested in your car.

There isn't a good answer for your question except like I said, It's yours- do what you want to make you happy!(But don't ever throw away any parts)
Enjoy!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Cortez,
I too own an original unrestored survivor.Very tuff question that I am faced with as well!I decided to drive and enjoy my original 40,000 mile LS6 in its original untouched state.Show it around a little then do a full resto down the road.My car has many flaws so I am not that worried about driving it.Original paint and all but thankfully not a spot of rust!When I feel the itch(probably this winter)I will restore it.My advice is to drive and enjoy it and don't let the minor imperfections bother you.When you get the itch to restore then do so!Moeman said it right about a car being orininal once!Who cares about the checking paint,scratches and dings or the peeling engine stickers?That is rare to find these days so satisfy every need you might have with your car in its original state before you restore it and take lots of pictures!

------------------
Dean Ciampi
Autumn Gold 1970 LS6 Chevelle
Team Chevelle Gold #52 Aces #3094

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.