Team Chevelle banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats the best way and what tool to remove the pin? I tried today and could not do it, Also I went top 3 weld shops to have it tig welded and none of them would do it? Its the melling Billet vesion pump with a moroso pickup tube. I noticed the tube is cadium plated.....Thanks Mike

·
Super Moderator
16,149 Posts
A very small punch slightly smaller than the roll pin will pop that pin right out of there.

Sounds like you have a lot of weird welding shops that are afraid of making a little quick income. Maybe the billet scared them away?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Whats the best way and what tool to remove the pin? I tried today and could not do it, Also I went top 3 weld shops to have it tig welded and none of them would do it? Its the melling Billet vesion pump with a moroso pickup tube. I noticed the tube is cadium plated.....Thanks Mike
The reason they won't weld it is because they are afraid all the heat will take the "tension" out of the spring.

·
Super Moderator
13,283 Posts
The reason they won't weld it is because they are afraid all the heat will take the "tension" out of the spring.
They are correct. Also, sand the gold anodizing off the pickup tube where it goes into the pump, makes it easier to get a good weld.

Like the others said, a very small punch will do the trick. When you put it back together, first make sure the relief valve moves freely, then put the spring, retainer and pin back and then take a real small ball peen happer and hit the pump casting a few times right where the pin comes through to "peen" it in place so it wont come out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts