Team Chevelle banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The gentleman who order my deluxe malibu was a fan of chrome/polished moldings. This includes wheel well moldings, rocker moldings, door/fender moldings, and a vinal top. I already made a firm decision to remove the vinal top and door/fender moldings.

I am still unsure about wheel well moldings but I drilled the holes in the body incase, so I don't scuff up the paint too bad installing them, to later decide I don't like them.

But the rocker moldings requires sveral holes in the rockers that would be more noticeable. I know SS cars did not have rocker moldings. But i think rocker moldings help break up the height of the car and make it look shorter. But on the down side rocker moldings hold dirt and water.

My car is a 1970 that will be painted light green w/ black stripes, lowered with 17in polished aluminum wheels I think..
I am going for modern look that will be a eye catcher.

opnions please.....
http://www.kuttingedgegraphix.com/customers/chevelle_sml.jpg

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
whats the first 3 numbers on the vin # it could possibly be a 300 deluxe let me know

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
whats the first 3 numbers on the vin # it could possibly be a 300 deluxe let me know
Its not a 300, I have the orginal build sheet and window sticker. I talked the orginal owner and this car has too many options to be a 300.

power disc brake, power steering, SS guages, 300hp 350, turbo 350, 12bolt, fiber optics lamp monitors, electotip wipers, tinted windows, rear defroster, vinal top

·
Premium Member
19,751 Posts
, SS guages,
No such thing as SS gauges. Gauges were optional even when the SS option was ordered and gauges could be ordered on any V8 Malibu as evidenced on your 350. There were very few options could be ordered on a 136xx that couldn't be ordered on the 134xx series. :)

As for the look of the car in the drawing, I LIKE IT! :thumbsup: No extra badging, a simple grille - pretty!

·
Registered
7,127 Posts
Rocker moldings suck. Everytime I see them on a Chevelle (no offense to those running those gawd awful things) for some reason I have tijuana flashbacks or think "Hmmm, wheres the curb feelers and I wonder why they took off the 13 inch triple gold daytons?" It may break up the height but, for me, it also breaks up the smooth lines and look of the car. Much like the side moldings on Chevy trucks.

Im with Pate 100%

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well they are not going back on due to holding water and dirt. Thanks for the opnion guys.

I guess I will put them on ebay

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They found a new home on ebay for $25 I think.

The car is now painted blue...lol. I will be installing the wheel molding tonight!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts