Team Chevelle banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys thinking of putting bucket seats in my Chevelle and going the TMI route for complete seats. Anyone used them and give any feedback?

·
Premium Member
13,876 Posts
Depending on price there are a lot of seats out there that are similar. Pontiac has some good ones. New GTO, Trans Am, Fiero. Ass as long as you can find good color. Some of those have the seat belt incorporated into the seat.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea the main problem is TMI does atleast offer a bright blue that matches the rest of my new interior that is already in the car.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I purchased a set of TMI buckets for my 65' SS last summer. Took about 9 weeks to get them. Well worth the wait. I don't have belts in my car yet and ripping through the country roads I never felt like I was sliding out of them. All hand made frames and very comfortable! I would not hesitate to buy another set for a different car. I spent months researching what seats I wanted for my build.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Except for the carpet all of my interior is TMI. Nice quality stuff. If you wait and buy when they have a sale you will save 20%. They will probably have one for Memorial Day like everyone else.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I just received my TMI seats for my 66 yesterday after waiting 9 months, originally quoted 8 to 12 weeks for delivery.

Just a small drive to grab some dinner so far but I can tell they're going to be way better than the factory seats.

They do sit a bit lower and adjust further back. At 6'4" I really like sitting lower.

My only complaint is the adapter/mounting brackets. They are no wear near the quality of the seats themselves. I actually had to cut off one of the tabs and weld it back on in the correct location.

Sent from my SM-T720 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just received my TMI seats for my 66 yesterday after waiting 9 months, originally quoted 8 to 12 weeks for delivery.

Just a small drive to grab some dinner so far but I can tell they're going to be way better than the factory seats.

They do sit a bit lower and adjust further back. At 6'4" I really like sitting lower.

My only complaint is the adapter/mounting brackets. They are no wear near the quality of the seats themselves. I actually had to cut off one of the tabs and weld it back on in the correct location.

IS that one of there consoles as well?

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Yes, that is a TMI console. I modified it to sit close to 3" lower to work better with my modified transmission (T56) tunnel.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
- Ben R. - Snohomish, WA
7,763 Posts

Wow, no logos on the sides! Did you special order to get them that way or are they all like that now?

·
Registered
9,633 Posts
"Wow, no logos on the sides! Did you special order to get them that way or are they all like that now?"

Defiantly special order and up charge, $$.
What was the upcharge? They quoted me $300 or $350 I don't remember but thought it was outrageous for less work. That's the only thing holding me back from ordering. I hate that logo.

Reactions: blm

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
What was the upcharge? They quoted me $300 or $350 I don't remember but thought it was outrageous for less work. That's the only thing holding me back from ordering. I hate that logo.
Yes, $350. How much do you hate the logo. At the price of the seats the extra $350 was not that much compared to having to see that stitching every time I opened the door.

I've read a couple time where you drive your car a lot. We do a lot of multi hour weekend drives and those factory seats suck!
Although I have done a lond drive yet, the difference is obvious. The do sit a bit lower though. That might not work for everyone, I really like it.

·
Registered
9,633 Posts
Yes, $350. How much do you hate the logo. At the price of the seats the extra $350 was not that much compared to having to see that stitching every time I opened the door.

I've read a couple time where you drive your car a lot. We do a lot of multi hour weekend drives and those factory seats suck!
Although I have done a lond drive yet, the difference is obvious. The do sit a bit lower though. That might not work for everyone, I really like it.
I'm 6'2" so lower is better. Couple inches? I also asked them to install 67 medallions on the seats that I would supply and you would have thought I was asking them for their first born. I really like the seats but they basically will not work with you at all.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I'm 6'2" so lower is better. Couple inches? I also asked them to install 67 medallions on the seats that I would supply and you would have thought I was asking them for their first born. I really like the seats but they basically will not work with you at all.
I didn't measure the hight difference but it's a noticeable change.

I also asked about 66 medallions. Same thing, no way.

There is a vertical zipper the length of the back of the seat, Looks like it would be fairly easy to remove the cover and add the medallions.

·
Premium Member
13,876 Posts
Them plastering their logo on the side of the seat ruins an otherwise very good seat.IMO there should be no charge to remove the logo. It would make the difference between buying their seats for me.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts