Team Chevelle banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i read alot of posts on the subject and still have the vibration. the vibe comes in at about 2800ish rpm and goes away above 3000 rpm in 4th gear and still remains in 5th but not as noticable. 1st thru 3rd no vibe. adjusted the u-jiont operating angles to within .5 degree although the pinion may be a little low. hate to bring up an old topic but i need help.

·
Premium Member
1,670 Posts
you have a rubber trans mount? or did you switch to the poly one? what all did you switch out? and did it do it with the old trans. what trans did you have before or was this a complete new install . Is the driveshatft balanced? what bell housing do you have,did you use a dial indicator when you put it in ,maybe someone else can help you with the dial indicate deal i know i helped a guy do his install and we had to do it

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have a poly trans mount. had a th400 in before with poly mount and had no trouble. its an all new conversion with new driveshaft and a 621 bell. did not use dial indicator. did this get rid of the vibe in his car?

·
Premium Member
1,670 Posts
he had a lakewood bell housing,,maybe its just those you have to do that to. i m sure you will get few more responces,,try a rubber mount if you can even borrow one from someone> i heard of one instance of a vibration problem and it turned out to be that(this wasnt on a tko though) good luck

·
Premium Member
4,811 Posts
Did the driveshaft come with the kit? If so, take it to a shop to be checked for balance. Mine vibrated the same way and I took it to a place sort of near you (Reading PA) to get it rebalanced. He said it was so far off, he could not even spin it up on his machine. Prior, I had it checked 2x by the orignal company as well and they said it was good. The guy down in Reading fixed it and it has been smooth ever since. PM me for specifics.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts