Team Chevelle banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,705 Posts
Start with looking at the VIN tag . Take that number to your motor vehicle department and see who currently "owns" it. Is it stolen perhaps? Did you get some kind of bill of sale that could help you make it yours? Take a look in Hemmings Motor News for title services that can help you get title. Be patient, as these things can be difficult.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
all i want is a chevelle history report(71ss?)

I have been through hell trying to find about my recently aquired chevelle. I have grown up around CHEVELLES my whole life and all i want is my own. I've exhausted all leads and nothing. So now I turn to my fellow owners, please help!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
7,984 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
be carefull because the state of nebraska will not accept the paper work from the title companies that advertise in hemmings and other books.you will just waste your money(ask me how i know)go to the dmv in lincoln and for $1 they will tell you who had it titled last in thier name IF IT WAS IN NEBRASKA if it was in another state then you will have to do your own research.hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
Welcome to the site Charles. Good luck with your title problem. I have a little friendly advice for you. You will find some of the most knowledgeable Chevelle people around on this site but you don't have to post the same question more that once. If anyone can help you they will respond. You just have to give them a little time.
James

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
Re: all i want is a chevelle history report(71ss?)

Due to the privacy laws, some states don't allow previous owners info in a title history. If you haven't checked with your state motor vehicle admininstration, that is where you should start.

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Abanoned Vehicle, go that route. Just tell them you found an abandoned vehicle and want to claim it. The property owner may have to help you. In Michigan there is a process to do this. I know a trailer park andlord who would do this all the time when the military at the AFB would ship out overseas and adandon cars, some junk but some were good. I guess they just never gave a damm because he got screwed many a time, trash the place thier last day or rent the place to a buddy but keep the money and never tell the landlord.

Nationwide, abandoned vehicles pose an environmental, health and safety hazard. They also lower property values and have a negative impact on our quality of life. The task of identifying and removing junk cars diverts local, county and state government resources from more serious issues such as protecting the public and crime prevention.
Michigan is taking action to protect the public as well as the beauty and integrity of its communities. To help reduce the number of impounded and abandoned vehicles, Michigan passed the Abandoned Vehicle Law, effective Oct. 1, 2005. The law streamlines the procedures for identifying and processing impounded and abandoned vehicles, while protecting the rights of vehicle owners.
In accordance with the law, the Michigan Auto Lost & Found Web site provides vehicle owners, law enforcement and "custodians" (towing agencies, law enforcement agencies and municipal impound lots) with the tools needed to combat this problem.

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts
i can get you what you need from here in alabama. i average 2 a week with never a problem. i have did over 60 for folks at thr torino cobra forum and hottrodder forum. send me the make, model, year, VIN and color. i register in my name and then sell back to you with copy of registration, notarized bill of sale and copy of alabama DMV letter of non-title of 1974 and older vehicles. not the same BS the title companies use and charge $180 and up. this is true legal paperwork. Total cost to you is $50 personal check accepted. contact me at [email protected].

1 - 20 of 50 Posts