Team Chevelle banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Small question ... but.. This late El Camino came with P205x75R14 RWL tires. Would you suggest that I replace with P215 X 70R14RWL?
My question is mostly about appearance. The car is a near-perfect original.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have a 70 SS396 El Camino, with 215/70/14" BFG T/A' tires on the SS wheels. Look a little small in the rear, my car is stock/orig., but I am looking at either different wheel/tires, or going to the repro bias ply F70x14 raised white letters.

·
Premium Member
7,962 Posts
Hey Oldguy, I assume you're talking about the '78 & later ElCaminos. My suggestion is that if you want to get an original looking tire in the dimensions you mention, you'd best get on it soon. It seems that the trend is towards ultra wide ultra low profile tires. Good performance tire choices in the size you mention are dwindling.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Guys, because of my location, I have to get a dealer to order what I want ... so when I see them, they will be mine. Tomorrow I'll order BFG TA's in the 215 size; they appear to have the small block RWL that the original ones had. I appreciate your help ... didn't want the young folks to laugh at me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.