Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm running BF Goodrich like most everybody else, cause they look cool. problem is they seem too hard and i just sit and burn. mine are 235x70x14 (stock wheels). i'm buying some 15 inch centerline wheels and i'd like your opinions on brands of tires. i'd like to run 275x60 on the back and 235x70 on the front. it's mostly a cruiser but i've been known to embarrass a mustang or two. thanks john.

------------------

·
Registered
144 Posts
I've had BF Goodrich, Goodyear, Futura (junk), and Cooper tires on my vehicles before and I love the BF Goodrich. Maybe you should step up to the Goodrich Comp T/A. I've never used them myself, but I've heard they're awesome, street and strip. My $0.02. Good luck and keep embarasing the F**d guys!!

G

·
You might try BFG Drag Radials. They're made for accelerating hard from a standing stop, i.e, drag racing. BFG Radial TA's and Comp TA's are all but worthless for that type of stuff.

·
Registered
29 Posts
i run kelly chargers on my 70 chevelle. put 10,000 miles on them so far and am really happy with them. used to have a set on my old blazer and they held up good. might want to look into them.

Rich
70' chevelle

·
Registered
937 Posts
I have run BFG Radial T/A's, BFG Comp T/A's, BFG R1's, Bridgestone RE940's, and Firestone SZ50's on my '69 Chevelle (355CID, Tuned-port injection, aftermarket heads, headers, etc....) and love the R1's! Only problem is they are expensive and come new with 6/32nds tread depth. You gotta watch gravel though 'cause they pick up everything like a pair of slicks. In my experience the Radial T/A's seemed to grip better than the Comp T/A's, but that could have been an old set of Comps. Both the Bridgestones and the Firestones are excellent tires, but they only come in certain sizes that are hard to match to a muscle car, unless you have migrated to 17 or 18 inch tires. The best bang for the buck though has to be the BFG Radial T/A's! They are inexpensive, grip pretty well, and last.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.