Chevelles.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this happend to my last 71 10years ago and just happened to me today (i thought i had it wedged enough not to come loose) NOW i have a dent and on my NEW paint

------------------
members.aol.com/jnkb2cool/chevelle5.jpg John Krenn
1970 malibu SS look-a-like well kinda
307/200-4r

Ft.Worth, Tx

·
Registered
112 Posts
I know what you are saying, i had my jack in my trunk and it put small dents in both sides of my trunk, sucks man, now i got it secure (i think)... maybe i should take it out. Thanks for reminding me.

------------------
Jon, 66 Malibu Sport Coupe
Fremont CA, Birthplace of many a Chevelle
Team Chevelle Member #80
members.tripod.com/jon66bu/jon1.html

·
Registered
104 Posts
That really SUCKS.......Gene........

------------------
Gene Callahan
Canoga Park Ca.
66 Conv.
Gold # 55
S.C.C.C.C

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Grand, if it's in your trunk and you turn a corner too sharp it may roll and hit the side of the quarter and dent it outward god i can't believe i let it happen again

------------------
307/200-4r

Ft.Worth, Tx

·
Registered
21 Posts
Been there, done that, know your pain. Thanks for reminding me not to do it again when mine gets back on the road.

------------------
67 Malibu 454/TH350
Team Chevelle Gold Member #97
Charleston, SC

·
Super Moderator
2,356 Posts
in my 67 i made a panel so that would not happen

------------------
Hot66ss
Los Angeles,CA

66 Super Sport
67 Malibu
Aces Member 2380
Team Chevelle member #262
members.aol.com/chvellss

·
Registered
29 Posts
In my 68, I took four large blocks of felt (2-3 inches long by 1/2 inch thick) and glued them to the trunk floor where the jack rests. When the tire is tightened down the jack seems more secure and you don't get the occasional jack rattle. Just my solution.
Good luck. - Tim

·
Registered
49 Posts
Happened to me once. Except that it was a full keg of beer, and with the battery mounted in the trunk. The keg squished the battery cable coming out of the battery box against the inner trunk brace to the point where it melted and shorted out driving down the road at night. Good thing was the electrical meltdown didn't make the beer any warmer. May not be as bad as a dent but it was due to not having everything secure.

·
Premium Member
985 Posts
What? You guys don't trust ye ole bumper jack?

------------------
Joe Y.
68 malibu
Bloomington/Normal, IL

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
AAA card and a cell-phone??? im building my car i don't want anyone touching it if i can fix it. i didn't buy my car finished. I'd rather change a tire myself then sit there like a yuppie and wait for AAA to send someone out to do it. come on man you gotta be kiddin

------------------
307/200-4r

Ft.Worth, Tx

·
Registered
171 Posts
Well a AAA card and a cell phone beats the heck out of having a major break down and leaving the car on the side of the road for someone to vandalize. Been there and done THAT! Sure I keep my car in top shape and have a few extra tools in the trunk too. And I'll certainly change my own tires. But for a major problem you can't beat it (AAA that is).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.