Team Chevelle banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Re: timming is everything!

Talk about a lucky shot! I had to make the same jump 17 times on my four wheeler before the wife got a good picture of it. I was sore but the shot was nice :D

I still like your picture better though. There's something awe-inspiring about the power of nature. It's even framed perfectly. What a great shot!

·
Premium Member
7,681 Posts

That is Cool. Some of the best lightning I ever saw, was in Arizona at nite.

·
Premium Member
6,205 Posts

I was in Antigua, Guatemala playin' tourist one day in '91. I saw a small dog sitting in a doorway, so I pulled up my camera to snap a picture. As I'm focusing it, I hear a bunch of what sounded like small arms fire real close. As I snapped the shot, BAM!, lightning strikes the building. :eek: Scared the crap outta the dog and myself. I guess the popping was the static electricity coming up out of the ground around me. Didn't see a thing, as I was busy taking the picture.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts

Great Picture that was perfect timing :):):)

Did you guys see this one from the Volcano in Chile?? I thought it was pretty cool!!!!

·
Registered
7,674 Posts

I like sitting outside and watching the lightning while it's raining and such. Well as long as I'm under cover.

·
Registered
720 Posts

That is Cool. Some of the best lightning I ever saw, was in Arizona at nite.
I second that, I miss the summer monsoons. Great lightning shows and nothing compares to the smell of the desert air with fresh rain.
Cool pic nonetheless.
Rob

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
You should say you meant to take that pic and that is how fast your reflexes are!:D

·
Registered
7,127 Posts

I like sitting outside and watching the lightning while it's raining and such. Well as long as I'm under cover.

Best view for this is always under a tall tree in the middle of an open field. Trust me.

;)

·
Registered
7,674 Posts

Best view for this is always under a tall tree in the middle of an open field. Trust me.

;)
Now if I was just a smidge dumber I might actually fall for that. :p

I meant cover as in the porch outside or something.

·
Premium Member
1,478 Posts
thanks for the pic! did you feel any air current change being that close?
even inside i would think you would feel that!:yes:
rachael anne

·
Premium Member
6,740 Posts

Our family room door opens under an enclosed deck above. I like to sit there after the storm has passed to the east and watch the show. Never a rerun and never boring.

·
Team Member , Vegas TC Ambassador
3,349 Posts

Arizona monsoon season sucks!!! Your laundry (especially sheets) always feel damp and just watching somebody work makes you sweat your ars off.

That volcano shot is awesome, but probably not incredible. I imagine it was non-stop lightning.

A friend was building a cabin up on Cedar Mtn, Utah (11,000' elevation). About ten of us went up nearly every weekend to work on it. While digging the footings, thirty, 4' X 4' X 2' deep holes, it started sprinkling, no biggie, been overcast all day. Then FLASH*BANG*CRASH. Lightning struck an Aspen right on the edge of our clearing. So close that we were showered in embers. Everyone was wide eye befuddled for a second. As on que, a chorus of clanging shovels and a foot race to a neighboring cabin (also a friend from Vegas).

Forgot to mention, no volunteers to put out the fire either.

·
Registered
4,199 Posts

;)
Yaaaaaaaaaa come on ..... everyone KNOWS the best view is from the top of the Radio tower while hanging onto the lighting rod l:)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts