Team Chevelle banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my car is drag only with a run around the block sometimes. I have been running a tci super street fighter 10" converter but will be going to a race converter and the trans has a shift kit that works well with my current setup. What benefits and or downsides are there if I went with a manual valve body? The car weighs 3250 with me in it with a mild 355 and a 4.30 gear.

·
Premium Member
1,731 Posts
If you're just goin' racing, go for a Glide. 350TH's are OK to low 11's, but hi clutch slippage is likely. I've seen 'em haze high after a season. Buy good parts. A good hi-per intermediate sprag race is a necessary addition with a manual VB and snappy 1-2 shifts. JMHO......

Steve O.

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've been running this one for 19 years on the last rebuild, I've had it for 30. If my car was lighter or running more torque I would run a glide but none of that is an option at this time.

G

·
If it's working good just freshen it.

A full manual VB works fine, it has some drawbacks in that it runs full line all the time and creates more wear, but use teflon rings and keep line pressure reasonable and it's OK.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts