Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While recently restoring my 69 SS chevelle convertible 4 speed, I found a card wraped around the spring under my back seat. Some of it was destroyed. The card measures 7 1/4 x 3 1/4 and looks like an old time card with holes punched in it. Along the bottom there are numbers ranging from 1 to 80. In the center are just rectangular holes punched in it. In the top it say's (in separate colums) SEQ.-TRIM 079717 ,BODY-NO. 61359, INSP. SEQ.-NO. 918 , C 2, OPTIONS it say's nothing, STYLE 13667, TRIM 788. The original 396 engine was unfortunatly gone long ago & now has a 454 in it. How can I translate the punched out holes above the bottom row of numbers into something I can understand? Mostly I would like to know the original engines horespower rating.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Looks like you found some trim shop paperwork. I don't think it was necessary for the trim shop to have complete knowledge about every car assembled, just the pertainent info to build the correct seats etc. The BODY-NO. 61359, STYLE 13667, TRIM 788 etc should match the car the seat went into and thats about all that means anything. I found a simliar card in the seat of a 1964 Impala SS.

FYI-They printed these work orders to facilitate production. I be willing to bet that the workers who did this work back then could not even tell you what most of this stuff means. I don't know of any source that can give you the data you are seeking, just another mystery!

[This message has been edited by elcamino (edited 11-18-99).]

·
Registered
368 Posts
Dave
If you can post a scan of the card, I'll take a stab at interpreting it but chances are that elcamino has given you about all your going to get from this document.

------------------
Fred Aldrich
Web Site: www.GeoCities.com/~69_chevelle

[This message has been edited by Fred Aldrich (edited 11-18-99).]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.