Team Chevelle banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I could get a Tic-Tac-Toc? Does anyone re-manufacture these?

I have a 66 Beaumont. One place it differs from a Chevelle is the dash. The Beaumont dash is the same as a GTO.
As a result, I have a clock in the dash (round gauges). Of course it's not working and I happen to be trying to figure out where I can install a tach. Then I realized that the Tic Tac Toc was an option. Now I just need to find one!

Thanks
Wes

------------------
CCCB Member #532
66 Beaumont

·
Registered
290 Posts
Wes nice to see anouther 66 Beau here have you seen my 66 Beau from what i see in your pic very nice ride
sorry cant help with the tack.As for the clock i took mine apart found a little wire broke off at its post reatach it works like a charm.Let me know what you think of my 66.

------------------
http://home.talkcity.com/sparkplugst/snakepell/index.html 66 396 Beaumont.
Once bitten twice shy.
Don Pell 66 396Beaumont.
Once bitten twice shy

·
Registered
97 Posts
My 68 camaro has a tack and clock made together in same pod,I didn't know it was ever used in chevelles?

------------------
Rodney Colbert
ACES#01881 TC#652
70 L78 M21, fathom blue with pearl interior 68 RS/SS 350HP 396 RED with black top red interior 400 turbo factory air PS PB

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Snake
I've checked out your Beaumont a couple of times and it's very nice. When I was just "lurking" here (before I got brave enough or just stumped enough to post a message) I saw your car as the Feature car (March wasn't it?). Sure good to see some Beaumonts out there.
Mine's not a BB - but I just installed a 350 HO Deluxe from GM Performance and a 200-4R. Waiting for my Shiftworks conversion to arrive - so I still haven't had a chance to take it for a ride!!
I'm expecting big improvements over the 283, 2bbl and Powerglide! Don't expect quite the same kick as the 396 would give, but should be good for some fun.
I'll have to take the clock apart to see if it's something like a loose wire.

Coppertop - I think you're right. When I typed it out it didn't look right. Say it out loud and it's obvious... Might help to have it right when I do searches... Thanks.

Keith - I see from the service manual that the original was a tach instead of a clock. And not a Tic Toc Tach. But you know, it looks like a Tic Toc Tach should work if I could ever find one. Just gotta be difficult...

As an alternate, I saw a thread here a little while ago asking where people had been putting their tachs. I expected to see someone use the clock hole in the console, but no one said they had. Did anyone try this? Does it work?

Thanks very much for the replies!
Wes

------------------
CCCB Member #532
66 Beaumont

·
Registered
714 Posts
My 68 Z/28 also has one. I think they are re-pop them now but I don't remember where I saw it. Not sure if it would fit in your dash though. It is a fairly large pod.

Mytmouse

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mytmouse
The clock pod on my Beaumont is 3.5 inch diameter. This is where I was thinking of putting the tic toc tach. Do you know what diameter the clock/tach is in your Camaro?
I've seen them in the past, just can't recall how big they are.

·
Registered
714 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Unfortunately 66Beau the pod is 5". I haven't been able to find where I saw the replacement anyway. Maybe I was dreamin'
I know I made a comment to myself that it will be easier to clone a Z/28 because the high RPM tach is now re-pop'd. It really doesn't matter anyway because you needed 3.5"

Good Luck

Mytmouse

·
Registered
714 Posts
Your welcome 66Beau. Too bad it didn't work out.

BTW: I wasn't dreamin about this. The ad I saw previously before is now in Aug 2001 Super Chevy magazine on page 116 available from Classic Industries. Looks like it will be available soon and costs 289.95. To bad it won't work. Would have been a slick set-up.

Mytmouse

------------------
67 SS396 350HP 4 sp 3:55 Posi Butternut Yellow w/Black Vinyl
68 RS Z/28 302 350+Hp? 4sp 4:10 Posi, Euro Red on Black
70 SS396 350HP 4 sp 3:55 Posi, Black on Black

Mytmouse A.K.A. Robert Stacho
ACES Member # 04359

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.