Team Chevelle banner

Throwing it out there for comments, 72 YF3

1988 52
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Motor vehicle
Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Car Automotive parking light
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive parking light Car

Numbers Matching, Original Panels, Original Paint, Original Stripes, Original Motor, Trans and Diff. This is what she looked like when I brought her home back in 2016. I've done a complete rebuild of the front and rear suspension. Converted the front drum brakes to power disk. Added power steering. She's got a little rust around the lower corners of the back glass (typical). Not doing a complete restoration. I just want to make her road worthy and safer to drive. All comments welcome. Good or bad! Haha
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

· Premium Member
246 Posts
Nice job, suspension looks awesome👍🏼 Just one thing that front jack stand gave me the jitters! Yikes looks like its about to slip off….anyways important thing is your safe and missions accomplished!

Reactions: oldguy67 and LeoP

· Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nice job, suspension looks awesome👍🏼 Just one thing that front jack stand gave me the jitters! Yikes looks like its about to slip off….anyways important thing is your safe and missions accomplished!
Haha, the one end was kinda hooked up in the hole on the bottom of the frame. Yea, could have been better placed. Thanks for the thumbs up!

· Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think the Heavy Chevy and Rally Nova have a lot of eye appeal. They don’t get the respect of their SS counterparts but they could be optioned with most of the performance options. A guy I worked with had, probably still does, has one with a 402 big block and a 4 speed.
I hear ya. I think that's why I really like the Heavy's. You just don't see original ones. I've seen tributes and clones but none of them hit all the marks of an original one. Would love to have a 402 4 speed Heavy!

· Registered
14,062 Posts
GREAT Heavy Chevy!!!!!!!!!!!
The wheel upgrade was a GIANT upgrade! I've never liked the 14in Ralleys-----------------------but I was not going to say a word -------------------until after I scrolled down and saw the 5 spoke wheels. I really like them.
I see it has a 12bolt. Did it come with that 12bolt? I fully understand and appreciate that it has the original engine I'm guessing it's a 307???). If it were mine, it would get a bigger SB. BUUUUUUUUUT, since it has the original engine, it can be stroked and bored to about 334 (using a 350 crank), add a moderate cam and a 4bl, and that original engine will really wake up.
Of course, if you know me, I'm a 4sp person ONLY. But if it has its original transmission, then an upgraded rebuild would be in the plan.
REGARDLESS, I love the car.

• Haha
Reactions: 427L88

· Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
GREAT Heavy Chevy!!!!!!!!!!!
The wheel upgrade was a GIANT upgrade! I've never liked the 14in Ralleys-----------------------but I was not going to say a word -------------------until after I scrolled down and saw the 5 spoke wheels. I really like them.
I see it has a 12bolt. Did it come with that 12bolt? I fully understand and appreciate that it has the original engine I'm guessing it's a 307???). If it were mine, it would get a bigger SB. BUUUUUUUUUT, since it has the original engine, it can be stroked and bored to about 334 (using a 350 crank), add a moderate cam and a 4bl, and that original engine will really wake up.
Of course, if you know me, I'm a 4sp person ONLY. But if it has its original transmission, then an upgraded rebuild would be in the plan.
REGARDLESS, I love the car.
Yes, the 12 bolt came in the car. It's not a 307. It's an L48 350ci 4 barrel. Yea, the 14 inch ralleys had to go. I still have them and will hold onto them. Thanks for the great comment man!

· Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have not found or even looked for as far as that goes for a build sheet. I have not touched the interior yet. It does not have the original vinyl floor matt unless it's under the carpet the PO put in it. I believe I'm the third owner from what little research I've done. Car came from Kansas and was told that a doctor was the first owner. I bought her off the second owner in Grapeland, TX. No paper trail to back that up though. ??

· Registered
14,062 Posts
I have not found or even looked for as far as that goes for a build sheet. I have not touched the interior yet. It does not have the original vinyl floor matt unless it's under the carpet the PO put in it. I believe I'm the third owner from what little research I've done. Car came from Kansas and was told that a doctor was the first owner. I bought her off the second owner in Grapeland, TX. No paper trail to back that up though. ??
OK, with all that said, then if it were my car, I would do a serious cleanup and some detailing under the hood. If the plan is to rebuild the original engine in the future, I WOULD KEEP IT and open it up to a 383. Since you are in Texas, I'd also consider adding an aftermarket air cond unit. And I would keep it and drive it.
We bought our 70 conv 24yrs ago for a good price and today I could sell it for a VERY GOOD profit. But we bought it to have a Chevelle, NOT as an investment.

Reactions: shovelrick

· Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
OK, for all you numbers guys.
VIN- 1C37J2R521507
Cowl Tag- 72-13437 R 00988
719 A52 63 63
11E638
Motor- 12R521507 T___ICKD The ___ looks to me like 111 But not sure. Very hard to read.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts