Chevelles.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently placed a rebuilt rochester QJet listed for the 72 camino 350 V8. The throttle lever was twice the size of the QJet #704 2210 0812 QE that was previously on the engine. I found out it was from a 1972 pickup. Well in trying to change the detent cable so it would fit the new carb the snap lock (plastic) clips cracked off so it now has nothing to hold the cable in place and rests useless on the engine. I been driving the car with no sign of change with cable unattached. How important is a functional detent cable? The parts guy said I would have to find replacement snap-lock in junkyard.Is this true? Can I switch throttle levers on carb and make a custom fix to hold cable in place? Sorry, for the long post. Thanks, Jason.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Jason with some transmissions, the kickdown cable doesnt seem to do a darn thing.. this is usually when they have a shiftkit in them.. I ran mine (th350) for a long time without it hooked up with no problems..

by all means do whatevers easiest and works to get the cable hooked up, Ive seen it done a dozen different ways. If you want to get fancy, a couple companies sell cable kits with mounting brackets and stuff, and I bet someone carries linkage setups... OR goto the junkyard.. whatever works...

anyways you wont damage anything leaving it unhooked.. but it may shift a little different.

ps- that wasnt a long post

------------------

Mike Reeh
Gold #34
San Diego, CA

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mike, I will look for a mounting kit when I get a chance. Im surprised the parts company didn't mention it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.