Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently put a big block into my 1973 Chevelle which came with a two barrel small block and have found that the throttle cable is too short. My question is: Is the a quick and inexpensive solution to this?

Any help greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
777 Posts
First of all are you sure your bracket that holds the cable still allows the cable to function correctly? If so, then Edelbrock sells a cable extension, can't remeber the part#. If you visit your local speed shop it might just be hanging up on the wall, otherwise they can order it out of the book.
Also, that piece will probably run you about $8. I got the right cable brand new in GM packaging for $20. WELL worth the difference I think.

------------------
Fred
Madness takes it's toll, please have exact change.
'70 Chevelle
www.geocities.com/motorcity/shop/9385/1970Chevelle.html

[This message has been edited by Riffers70 (edited 08-17-99).]

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
For my 69 the local Chevy Dealer got my cable for me. It took about 5 days, there it was brandnew in the package worked like a dream. I'm not sure but if you scour the junkyards look for a 4 barrel carb 350 A-body from 73-77 and it should be the one you are looking for. I had to change a 77 Buick Regal over that I have from a 2 barrel to a 4-barrel and that is what I done for that one.

------------------
Malibu 307 (aka 406 smblk)
69 SS 396(aka 454)
Wolf in sheeps skin

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.