Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a 1" spacer to put on my carb to give me the PVC hole, and my cable is not long enough. Do you guys know how these cables are measured when they say 24" or 36"? Is that from end to end? Also has anyone tried the Lokar "Universal cables?"

The car is '68 Chevelle.
Thanks.

------------------
www.yannis68chevelle.com

·
Registered
790 Posts
The Lokar cable is the way to go. I am using one and there are numerous adjustment points on it to make it the length you need. It sure looks good which does not hurt. Good luck.

------------------
Frank
Gold Member # 216
My_Home_Page

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, are you refering to the universal one? Also, do you know for a '68 Chevelle if I would need the 24" or the 36" one? Or how do I measure to find out. These are the 2 lengths that the cable comes with.

Thanks again for your help.

------------------
www.yannis68chevelle.com

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yanniz I used the 36" and had about 24" too much.Also there are two different cables one has a black housing and the other is silver.I think "HT" is the silver

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yes the housing and cable both get cut to fit

·
Registered
30 Posts
yanniz go here www.jegs.com and look up the online catalog and go under Fuel Systems then click Lokar throttle cables and CSI t c brackets this will give you a perfect pic of the cable and bracket I used

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.