Team Chevelle banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm nearing the end of the build. The car came with the stock pedal parts but that's it. No rod or cable from peddle to carb. I believe a rod was used from the factory but could be wrong. 65' SS. What do ya'll use? Thanks

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
65 used a rod.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Cables for me.

·
Registered
11,685 Posts
I would try to convert to cable if possible.

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
Cables came about for safety reasons as I have heard.
The engine mounts could break and when they did and you rocked the engine off the mounts as it torqued sideways.
The solid rod would sometimes bind up in that circumstance and you get a stuck full open throttle.

I have used solid mounts or clamshell mounts that keep the engine from moving too much if they fail and I have used
Both solid and cable throttle.
If I was using the mounts that allow the engine to torque away from the mount when they tear in two I would want a cable throttle.

I do not use those mounts though . Many old cars have them and I think those are horrible engine mounts.

·
Premium Member
Bill
1,410 Posts
Agreed. I have seen drag race cars hit the wall for one reason or another, then the throttle gets stuck open and then can't stop.

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
You may find more info here and another link to follow if it is still good.
Good reading.

·
Registered
5,900 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,949 Posts
I went with lokar expensive but works very good. Summit cable(reboxed lokar) and a csr bracket.

Attachments

Reactions: Kirk's67SS
1 - 10 of 10 Posts