Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
It would be easier to raise the rear, but it would be much better to lower the front.
The rear stance of your car looks right, front looks high. I think raising the rear would change the pinion angle too much. JMO.

·
Premium Member
1968 Malibu sport coupe, 489 ci. 590 hp 600 tq, RV T-400 Freakshow 3200 stall, 3.73 12 bolt posi
8,662 Posts
My memory's not so great but she looks pretty much like they did new?, I do like lower in the front on your car :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
I like the way it sits now. Looks pretty level.
Like Rick said, that's the way they looked new.
I'm kind of bias though. It looks like my set up.

Nice car:thumbsup:

·
Registered
368 Posts
Lower the front just a bit.

Reactions: lucifershammer

·
Premium Member
8,074 Posts
Thoughts on stance? I love the look of a '69 Chevelle SS with the front end rising under full acceleration.

If you've got new springs they may settle down a touch after some miles. When I put new front springs in my '67 it almost looked like the early gasser era until next season.
Slammed is in style now, road clearance be damned. Drop the front as opposed to messing with the rear angles (as was said by others).

Lovely '69 you've got there :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
You have it perfect..

If you change it you will have to have it aligned again, that can be a royal pain if you run into a bad tech or your good tech is having a bad hair day...

·
Registered
1964 Chevrolet Chevelle Malibu 4 door
2,026 Posts
Do yourself a favor, get 0.5" taller lower ball joints. It will lower the front .5" to nail the "stance" and also level out your tie rods with your lower control arms to cancel out bumpsteer. Will drive like a newer car where the steering wheel won't shimmy over bumps or try to pull out of your hands on bridge abutments.

·
Registered
12,255 Posts
where could someone buy balljoints like that (good ones)
dont have $ to go coilovers fronts a hair too low

op if you put a hotchkiss 1" drop spring in front it would sit perfect imo

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
The car looks level and showroom stock. IMO only good reason to mess with it is to make an improvement in how it handles.

I like Hotwire's idea. It's budget friendly and relatively easy to do. Global West makes a bumpsteer kit (#SS-6472GSKB) that changes out the steering arms on both spindles to raise the outer tie rod, but it's not as cheap as tall lower ball joints. However, it could be easier to install.

Reactions: Hotwire

·
Registered
1964 Chevrolet Chevelle Malibu 4 door
2,026 Posts
where could someone buy balljoints like that (good ones)
dont have $ to go coilovers fronts a hair too low

op if you put a hotchkiss 1" drop spring in front it would sit perfect imo
I'm sure all the main suspension companies offer taller lower ball joints in one flavor or another and there are a couple brand names out there to choose from. I ended up going with Proforged from Summit Racing.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/POF-101-10014

1 - 20 of 39 Posts