Chevelles.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m running an s10 serpentine get up on my 65 big block. This car was originally an inline 6 car & I’m on the final stages of this swap. It’s safe to say I’m a complete novice when it comes to wiring. Will I be able to wire this alternator(100 amps) into my existing harness without too much hacking? I will include some pics of my setup & specs on the alternator. I know I’m going to have to use a different connector on the alternator which I’ve sourced. I’d love for you guys to pass me any knowledge you may have. Also I have no radio or power windows. Only thing I plan on running right now are electric fans. Down the road I’d like an underdash AC & stereo

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Bill
1,251 Posts
Do you know the alternator part number? What year & engine S10? Would that be a CS130 alternator?

·
Premium Member
Bill
1,251 Posts
What's involved in making a small block bracket system work on a big block?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What's involved in making a small block bracket system work on a big block?
There’s a company called kwik performance, they make adapter plates that bolt onto your big block. Then accessory brackets from 90s to early 2000s gm cars bolt onto those. They have a list of all donor options. They even make a spacer to use the small block pulley because the big block serp pulley is expensive and/or hard to find. Paid around 150 bucks for the plates

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Those alternators, the "CS" series, are pure trouble, and usually live up to their reputation.

Itf it were me, and I have done this to so many systems to resolve CS failure and trouble instances, get rid of it, and put a sensible, easy to wire with ONE battery to alternator cable, and ONE short jumper wire, to make a single wire 12SI alternator, they simply do mot break, fail, and they work far, far better than any CS alternator ever has.

I have replaced EVERY CS junk pile alternator on every car I own that came with one, and the one on my Toyota, with a simple, low cost single wire modded 12SI, and not one of them has ever failed. Even my neighbor's MOPAR dump truck stopped killing MOPAR alternators after we swapped his for a nice, stock, single wired 12SI in his big Dodge.

Brackets, common sense, think them out, cut, drill, weld if needed, instant brackets.

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
Those alternators, the "CS" series, are pure trouble, and usually live up to their reputation.

Itf it were me, and I have done this to so many systems to resolve CS failure and trouble instances, get rid of it, and put a sensible, easy to wire with ONE battery to alternator cable, and ONE short jumper wire, to make a single wire 12SI alternator, they simply do mot break, fail, and they work far, far better than any CS alternator ever has.

I have replaced EVERY CS junk pile alternator on every car I own that came with one, and the one on my Toyota, with a simple, low cost single wire modded 12SI, and not one of them has ever failed. Even my neighbor's MOPAR dump truck stopped killing MOPAR alternators after we swapped his for a nice, stock, single wired 12SI in his big Dodge.

Brackets, common sense, think them out, cut, drill, weld if needed, instant brackets.
I have had this Alternator on my BBC
https://allstarperformance.com/gm-alternator-80-amp-1-wire-all80501/
since June 6, 2007 when I Replaced the old SI one and have never had any problems

1 - 10 of 10 Posts